Mussels In Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce

10:21 PM



While I was in New York I went to a restaurant called Il Bastardo. I had mussels for the first time. Seriously, I had always seen these bad boys covered in shredded cheese on the Chinese Buffet table but they never looked appealing enough for me to actually try them.  So there I am in New York, in this gorgeous restaurant, not knowing what to expect. A steaming bowl arrives before me and the garlic-y smell blows me away...in a good way of course. I taste the broth first and was like wow. It was full of big chunky pieces of garlic...something in which I had never actually eaten...only used to season with. The chunks were tender bits of heaven and I was in love.

When I got home I had mussel on the brain. I had to try it. So I bought a ton of mussels and winged it. My first attempt at making them was a success and even my son was like, "oh yeah mama, these are gooood and perfect for kids"....okay.

So super easy.

You will need:
3 pounds of cleaned mussels
1 stick of butter
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
6 chopped cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of parmasan
4 tsp (or more to your liking) of chopped oregano

Place everything in a large pot on medium-high heat. Stir and lower heat to medium once it begins boiling. Cover and check often to see if the shells have opened. Mussels are done when shells open. Discard any that do not open.

See, super easy, right?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook