Chipotle Lime Chicken

6:55 PM

Since the Fourth of July is right around the corner, I thought I would reshare this post from last year. This grilled chicken is moist and so good!*

I live out in what we call the 'country'. Here in the south, saying you are from the country means you live on the outskirts of town, in a rural area. Really, not that rural since I am less than a mile from the local college, but still, the peace and serenity that comes with where I live is soooo amazing. Dirt, rock road and a huge yard that is perfect for entertaining...minding that the grass is cut. 

I love having family and friends over and cooking for them. Dinner, lunch and food all mean to me, a time to really connect with one another. Any excuse I can get to bring us all together for some good times, I do. 

I made this chipotle lime chicken for some family not too long ago and I am still licking my lips just thinking about it. If you love the tartness of lime, the spiciness of chipotle and the smokiness of grilling, then ooooo-weeee this is for you.



You will need:
boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 limes
1 can of chipotle in adobo sauce (chopped)
Creole Seasoning
grill

After rinsing and cleaning your chicken breasts, place in a container and squeeze the juice of two-three limes on them. Sprinkle about 2 tbsp of creole seasoning (or salt and pepper) on the chicken and rub into the chicken. Seal the container and refrigerate for an hour while you fire up your grill. Once the grill is ready, slice up a few limes, lay one to two limes down on the grill and cover with a chicken breast. In a small bowl, squeeze the juice of three limes, mix in your chopped chipotle and sauce. Mix well. Every 10-15 minutes until chicken is done, coat the chicken with the mixture. (You want to do this when you turn the chicken over.)  Grill chicken until when poked with fork, the juices are clear and not cloudy or muddled. Serve with fresh slices of lime and parsley as a garnish.

Seriously, this is so good. Add a little bit of honey (1 tbsp) into your sauce mix for a subtle sweetness.)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Like us on Facebook